India is the seventh largest famous country in the world. India comes second in the world in terms of population. Every state of India is known for its different culture and tradition. And since the removal of Article 370 from Jammu and Kashmir, the number of states and union territories has also changed. So today in this article we will tell you Bharat Mein Kitne Rajya Hain going to give information about.
After reading this article, you will not only know that Vartman Mein Bharat Mein Kitne Rajya Hain but will also know that Bharat Mein Kitne Rajya Aur Kendra Shasit Pradesh Hain, and the answers to important questions related to them. More than half of us are not even aware about the states and union territories of our country of India.
Today’s post is going to be very useful for you. In which you will know about the names of the state capitals, the languages there and other information related to the state.
list of subjects
How many states are there in India
Before the removal of Article 370 and 35A in Jammu and Kashmir in India 29 states and 9 union territories used to be, which has reduced to the present time Now there are 28 states and 8 union territories Is.
Telangana formally became the new state of India on 2 June 2014. The capital of Telangana is Hyderabad. The official language here is Telugu and Urdu.
Also read: What is NDA? Complete information on how to join NDA.
Some special things related to the states of India
- Kolkata was the capital of India till 1911. Then in 1912, Delhi was made the capital of India.
- Bhubaneswar is called the city of temples.
- Telangana has become the 29th new state of India and after the removal of Article 370, it is the 28th new state of India.
- The total area of Rajasthan is 342,239 square kilometer.
- The largest state of India in terms of population is Uttar Pradesh and the smallest state is Sikkim.
States, Capitals and Languages of India
There are now 28 states and 8 union territories in India. Below is a list of how many states, capitals and their languages are there in India which are as follows –
|4.||A state in Eastern India||Patna||Hindi|
|28.||West Bengal||Kolkata||Hindi, Urdu, Santhali, Bengali|
What is a Union Territory?
- Union Territory is called Union Territory in English.
- The union territory is administered by the central government.
- The Government of India itself does the work of handling the governance in the Union Territories.
- Union Territories may or may not have a Council of Ministers and a Legislative Assembly.
Example- Delhi and Puducherry have their own Council of Ministers and Legislative Assembly and their powers are very limited.
- President’s permission is mandatory for passing any bill.
What is the reason for creating a union territory?
There are 2 reasons for creating a Union Territory –
- geographical reasons
- cultural reasons
1. Geographical reasons – Union Territories are far away from the main role of India, due to which they cannot be made a part of neighboring states. It is very small in terms of population and area. This is the reason why they were made Union Territories.
Example: Lakshadweep, Andaman and Nicobar were kept in the union territory due to geographical reasons.
2. Cultural reasons – Sometimes, to maintain the culture of a place, that area is made a union territory.
Example: Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Puducherry
Do read this also: Patwari Kaise Bane – Complete information about how to become a Patwari.
type of union
There are 2 types of Union Territories of India –
- without a legislature
- with the legislature
1. Without Legislature – Such Union Territories where there will be no legislature i.e. Chief Minister, Ministers and MLAs such as –
- Jammu and Kashmir
2. With Legislature – Such Union Territories where there will be legislature i.e. Chief Minister, Ministers and MLAs such as –
- Andaman and Nicobar
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Union Territories of India, Capital and their Languages
|serial number||name of union territory||Capital||languages|
|1.||Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair||Hindi, English|
|4.||Daman and Diu||repression||Hindi, Gujarati, Konkani|
|7.||Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar (summer) and Jammu (winter)||Urdu, Hindi|
|8.||Ladakh||Leh||Hindi and others|
difference between state and union territory
|serial number||State||Union Territory|
|1.||The government in the state is elected by the people.||The central government is the doer.|
|2.||The state is large in area.||Union Territory is small.|
|3.||There are total 28 states in India.||There are total 8 union territories in India.|
|4.||The state acts as the executive head.||The President serves as the executive head.|
|5.||There is a separate government.||Governed by the central government.|
So now we have known above Pure Bharat Mein Kitne Rajya Hain and how many union territories, let us now know the names of metropolis with population in India.
Population metropolis names in India
|serial number||metropolitan names||the names of their states|
|14.||Patna||A state in Eastern India|
|39.||Srinagar||Jammu and Kashmir|
|53.||Down with||Uttar Pradesh|
|57.||Jammu||Jammu and Kashmir|
|83.||Gone||A state in Eastern India|
did you read this: Sub Inspector Kaise Bane – Know complete information related to SI!
This was today’s post about Bharat Mein Kul Kitne Rajya Hain, in which I told you about the capitals of the states and union territories and their languages, as well as about the frequently asked questions and answers in the examination related to them. Of.
Hope you liked the information given by us and got answers to your questions. If you found the information given by me useful, then definitely tell by commenting in the comment box below.
If you have any question related to this post, then definitely ask us, we will definitely contact you with the right answer. Do not forget to share this post with your friends, so that more and more people can get information related to Bharat Mein Kitne Rajya Aur Kitne Kendra Shasit Pradesh Hain. Similarly, to get other information related to our India country, stay connected on Hindi help.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers from States and Union Territories of India
1. At present how many states are there in India?
Answer- At present there are total 28 states in India.
2. Which is the largest state of India?
Answer- Rajasthan is the largest state of India.
3. Which is the smallest state in India by area?
Answer- Goa is the smallest state of India, whose total area is only 3,702 square kilometers.
4. What is the capital of Rajasthan?
Answer- Jaipur is the capital of Rajasthan.
5. What is the capital of Goa?
Answer- Panaji is the capital of Goa.
6. At present, how many union territories are there in India?
Answer- At present there are total 8 union territories in India.
7. What is the capital of Chandigarh?
Ans- Chandigarh has no capital as Chandigarh is not a state. Chandigarh itself is a capital city.