PM launches new payment platform e-RUPI Know what is e-RUPI, how it works, what are its benefits and how to download:
Hello friends, on 2nd August 2021 our honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a cashless and contactless means of digital payments. e-RUPI has been launched. The objective of this one time payment system is to stop leakages in government welfare schemes, and ensure that the benefits reach the people they should be.
In this article, we have tried to provide all the information related to e-RUPI to all of you readers, so to know this article “What is e-RUPI, how it works, what are its benefits and how to download” Do read till the last.
What is e-RUPI? (e-Rupi Kya Hai)
e-RUPI is a platform which has a cashless and contactless means which will be used for making digital payments. It is a QR code or SMS string-based e-voucher that will be delivered to the users’ mobiles. Users will be able to redeem this voucher without any digital payment app, internet banking or card. This digital payment platform has been developed by National Payments Corporation of India on its UPI platform. Associate partners are the Department of Financial Services, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the National Health Authority. This initiative will connect the sponsor of the services with the beneficiaries and service providers and the connection will be done in a digital manner without any physical interface.
e-RUPI has been developed in collaboration with the National Payments Corporation of India and other co-operative departments.
How will e-RUPI work?
According to the Prime Minister Shri Modi, now the beneficiaries can get a QR code or an SMS-based electronic voucher on their mobile phone and they need to use a card, digital payment app or even to avail the e-voucher. That internet banking access will not be required. For example: You bought a product and received a voucher on purchase. With e-RUPI, you do not need to carry the voucher in physical form. Vouchers can be sent to your mobile phone in the form of QR code or SMS.
According to the government this digital solution is secure as it ensures payment only after the transaction is completed. Being pre-paid in nature, it facilitates timely payment to the service provider without any intermediary.
The system can also be very useful in ensuring leak-proof delivery of government welfare services, such as providing medicines and nutritional support under mother and child welfare schemes or under TB eradication programmes. E-vouchers can also be set up to the beneficiaries for Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana and fertilizer subsidy etc. Since these payments will be sent in the form of vouchers, they can be used only for the intended purpose.
Procedure to issue Vouchers under e-RUPI:
As we mentioned e-RUPI digital payment system has been developed by National Payment Corporation of India on its UPI platform. The National Payments Corporation of India has joined the banks that will be the voucher issuing authority. The corporate or government agency is required to approach the partner bank (private and public sector lenders) with the details of the specific person and purpose for which the payment is required to be made. Beneficiaries will be identified using their mobile number vouchers allotted by the bank. This platform will be our revolutionary digital initiative that will improve the quality of life and simplify the payment process.
What is the purpose of e-RUPI digital payment?
The main objective of e-RUPI digital payment platform is to provide cashless and contactless payment system so that citizens can make digital payments without any difficulty. With the help of this payment platform, users can make payments in a secure manner and this payment platform uses QR code or SMS-based e-voucher which will be delivered on the beneficiary’s mobile. e-RUPI digital payment platform ensures timely payment of services without the involvement of any intermediary. Users do not need any card or digital payment app or internet banking access to make payment which will make the payment process simple and secure.
Features of e-RUPI Digital Payment
- This platform will be cashless and contactless
- Through this system users can make digital payment through e-voucher with the help of QR code or SMS
- This voucher will be delivered to the users mobile
- Users can redeem this voucher without any payment app, internet banking or card
- Through this initiative the sponsor of the services will be linked with the beneficiaries and service providers. This connection will be conducted digitally without any physical interface
- Payment to the service provider through this platform will be done after the transaction is completed
- This payment platform is fully prepaid.
- No service provider is required to make payment to e-RUPI
- This platform can also be used for providing services under schemes which are for providing medicines and nutritional support.
Highlights of e-RUPI provided by Hon’ble Prime Minister:
On the occasion of launching the e-RUPI platform, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India criticized the various benefits of this platform.
- Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi ji says that this initiative is a step towards digital governance.
- With the help of this platform, digital transactions can be done easily and this platform will play a major role in making digital payments effective.
- This voucher will help in transacting in a targeted, transparent and leak free manner.
- The Prime Minister has also highlighted the fact that India is moving ahead with the help of digital technology.
- The standard of living of the citizens is improving and technology is playing a major role in the lives of the citizens of India.
- He has also expressed his gratitude that this initiative is being started when the country is celebrating Amrit Mahotsav on 75th Independence Day.
- This voucher can be used not only by the government but also various NGOs can provide this voucher in place of cash if they want to help someone in education, health etc.
- This initiative will ensure that the funds provided to the beneficiaries are utilized for the same purpose.
- In the initial phase of the scheme, only health sector benefits will be covered.
- The Prime Minister has given various examples of using this voucher such as in vaccination campaigns, old age homes, hospitals etc.
- This voucher is individual and purpose specific.
- Only the person for whom this voucher has been issued can use it.
- He has also highlighted the importance of technology.
Many private hospitals, corporates, businesses, NGOs and other institutions have shown their interest in e-RUPI.
How to Check Live Hospitals List on e-RUPI?
- Firstly the official website of National Payment Corporation of India https://npci.org.in/ Go to
- After opening the website, the home page will open in front of you.
- After opening the homepage, the option of “what we do” will appear, click on it.
- now you UPI have to click on.
- after that you e-RUPI live partners have to click on.
- after that you Live Hospitals on e-RUPI have to click on.
- After clicking on Live Hospitals on e-RUPI, a PDF file will appear in front of you.
- In this PDF file you can see the list of Live Hospitals on e-RUPI.
What are the benefits of e-RUPI?
benefits for consumers
The payment process is contactless and only has to be followed by a two-step redemption process. No need of any kind of digital payment app or bank account. The consumer is not required to share his/her personal details to maintain confidentiality.
benefits for hospitals
The vouchers received are prepaid hence the payment process is completely secure. Vouchers can be redeemed in few steps. Hospitals do not need to handle cash hence hassle free and contactless payment can be ensured through voucher verification code. Which makes the payment process easy and safe and secure.
benefits for corporates
Corporate voucher distribution enables employee wellbeing by quick, secure and contactless issuers, can track voucher redemption thereby reducing costs as transactions are digital and do not require any physical issuance it occurs.
How to Download e-RUPI Digital Payment Mobile App?
- To download e-RUPI, first go to Google play store or Apple App Store in your mobile phone.
- Now you have to search by entering e-RUPI Digital Payment in the search box.
- After searching, a list of apps will be displayed in your screen where e-RUPI will be found at the top.
- You have to click on the first option.
- After that you have to click on install.
- Once installed, the e-RUPI mobile app on your mobile will be downloaded and usable on your mobile.
How to redeem e-RUPI Voucher?
- To redeem the e-RUPI voucher, the beneficiary has to show the e-RUPI QR code or SMS at the service provider outlet.
- The seller has to scan this QR code or SMS.
- Now the beneficiary will receive an OTP.
- The beneficiary has to share this OTP with the service provider.
- The service provider has to enter this OTP in the OTP box
- Now the service provider has to click on Proceed.
- After doing all this, your e-RUPI voucher will be read.
What is e-RUPI?
e-RUPI is a cashless and contactless digital payment medium, which will be delivered to the mobile phones of the beneficiaries in the form of SMS-string or QR code.
What is e-RUPI Voucher?
e-RUPI is a digital voucher that can be redeemed by the beneficiaries for using any specific government services. The digital system does not require a card, app or internet access to redeem the voucher.
Who can use e-RUPI?
The e-RUPI voucher issued by this system can be used only by the person who would have been allotted the e-RUPI voucher. In a statement issued by the Prime Minister, it was said that Sakar can also use this system in Ayushman Bharat, Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, fertilizer subsidy etc.
Giving a speech about e-RUPI, Prime Minister Shri Modi said that ‘Some people of India were saying that technology is only for rich countries and India is a poor country, so what is its work in India? But today India has served the mentality of those people wrong. Today we are seeing technology as a weapon of progress for the poor”.
This speech definitely suggests that we are slowly moving on the path of progress.
You have this article of ours.What is e-RUPI, how it works, what are its benefits and how to download” How did you like it, do tell by commenting and don’t forget to share this article thanks.