To save what you are seeing on your computer or laptop screen, you have to take a screenshot. A screenshot is an image taken of whatever is visible on your screen. There are tools available on your Windows PC, which can save them as JPG or PNG files for screen capture and later use.
There are many ways within Windows 7, 8, 10 to take a screenshot. Apart from these, some external free software and addons are also available. But we will only take screenshots using recourses available on the computer.
How to take screenshot on computer?
You are working on a computer or laptop and suddenly there is a need to take a window or background image or screenshot. So with the methods given below, you can capture your PC / Laptop screen immediately.
1. Via Print Screen
Windows desktop and laptop users can use the ‘Print Screen’ or ‘PrtScn’, ‘Print Scr’ keys to capture what is seen on the screen.
- The PrtScn key is mostly located on the top right corner of the keyboard.
- Press the PrtScn key to take a screenshot of the full screen of the PC, which you can paste on Paint, Microsoft Word and display that image.
2. Screenshot of Active Window
You Alt + PrtScr You can take a screenshot of the active window through the shortcut key. Which you can then paste in another program Paint, Microsoft Word.
3. Screenshot with Windows key+PrtScn
- If you do not want to copy the screenshot to the clipboard, click on the keyboard to save the image directly. Windows Key+PrtScr Use the shortcut command.
- Pressing the key will dim the screen for a moment and it will by default be saved in the “Screenshots” folder under “Pictures”.
4. Via Snipping Tool
‘Snipping Tool’ is an application to capture screenshot on both Windows 7, 10.
- For this go to Start Menu and search for Snipping Tool.
- As soon as you click on the New button, the screen will fade out immediately.
- A Plus button will be shown and select the same area as you want to take screenshot.
- When you select the screenshot, it will be saved.
Friends, in this way you can easily take screenshots on your computer and laptop. All these methods will work for Windows 7, 8, 10. If you have any question or suggestion related to this, you can ask us in the comment below. Share this with as many friends as possible to appreciate our work.