Facebook is used as we know that millions of people are using it in today’s time, but many times we need to update or change our details, although this process is very easy but people who use Facebook less, then maybe a little problem may be created for them, so in this article we are going to know about one such topic which is to change your name in Facebook.
So if you are facing problem in changing the name in your Facebook account, then definitely read this article till the end.
how to change your name in facebook
To change the name on Facebook, you can use any type of Facebook, whether you use Facebook Lite or use Facebook’s official application, you can also run Facebook on a computer or in a browser.
1. Open Facebook to change the name
First of all, you have to open Facebook, I am using the official application of Facebook here, you can see in the screenshot below that some such screen will appear in front of you, here you have to go to your profile section, from where you will move on to the next steps. So click on the Profile section on the right side.
2. Go to Facebook’s Settings
As soon as you click on the Profile section, after scrolling a little, you will get the option of Settings and Privacy, as you can see in the screenshot below, you have to click on this option.
Even if you use Lite Facebook, the same option will be visible.
3. Click on Settings or Profile Editing
After opening the option of setting and privacy, a popup screen will open in front of you, here you will have to select the option of setting again as shown in the screenshot below. Many times a direct shortcut to profile editing is also given here, if you see a shortcut to profile editing, click and go to the fifth step, otherwise click on the setting button and go to the next step.
4. Select Personal Information Option
Friends, in the account section, you will find the tab of personal information as shown in the screenshot below, in personal information you can edit the name and other things, so click on the option of personal information and proceed to the next step.
5. You can change the name from General Settings
Friends, as soon as you click on the option of personal information, then the journal settings will open in front of you, inside the general settings you can change your name, along with contact details and deactivating the account will also be found in this tab.
6. Click on the Name column
You have to click on the name column at the top, as soon as you click on the name column, the option of editing the name will open in front of you, from where you will be able to edit your name easily.
7. Review your name once
As can be seen in the screenshot below, here you are seeing the option to enter first name, middle name and last name, as soon as you enter this name, you will have to click on review change option, on review change option After clicking, you may also be asked for a password.
Friends, if you do not have a middle name, then you can also leave it blank, but keep in mind that it is necessary to fill the first name and last name.
Let me give you a bonus tip in name editing. Many people want their first name to be visible only, there should be no middle name or last name in the profile, that is, want to create a single name profile, then I would like to tell you that if you have settings Go to Tamil or any other language which does not have middle or last name, then you will be able to click on review change by filling only first name.
But if you want to change both first and last name like normal account, then enter first and last name and click on review changes button.
8. Your name will be changed as soon as you enter your Facebook password
As soon as you click on Review Changes, some options will open in front of you as shown in the screenshot below, here you will be shown the latest name and the previous name and some names will be suggested by Facebook, here the name you want to choose. Select it and proceed with the process.
To proceed with the process, you have to enter the password of Facebook as we told you in the beginning, if you do not know the password of the ID, then you cannot change the name on Facebook, so enter the Facebook password here and click on the button of save changes. Click it.
Friends, as soon as you click on the button of Save Changes, your name will be changed.
Important precautions to change name in Facebook
Friends, if you are changing the name of Facebook, then keep in mind that once you change the name, you will not be able to do any kind of change for the next 60 days, so whatever name you want to keep, keep it carefully.
- If you want to make your name stylish, then keep in mind that Facebook has disabled some types of stylish fonts, that is, you will no longer be able to use certain types of characters in your name.
- If you use fonts in your name that are not supported by Facebook, then you may have a lot of problem because your name will change but people will see boxes instead of your name. It will be some small boxes that will replace the characters because Facebook doesn’t support the fonts you provided. Will find
- To change the name, you must have the password of Facebook, so keep in mind that first change the password of Facebook or if you know then you can continue but most of the people do not know the password of Facebook. Just id login in their mobile, but when they take any action like change name then facebook ask for password from them keep in mind that when you change name then at that time you will not be able to change facebook by forgetting password on facebook The password has to be changed while login in itself.
In this article, we have shared complete information so that you can change the name in your Facebook account, hope this article must have been very helpful for you, but if you have any other question related to this then you can ask on the comment section.