Today we will know through this article that GST Number Kaise Le? How to get GST Number? And what is its process? Ever since GST has been implemented from 1st July 2017, many shopkeepers, businessmen and people starting their own startup are needing to get GST number? But many people do not know how to get the GST number?
Through this article, we will tell you how to get GST number very easily? GST Number Kaise Le? What is its process? As you would know that earlier the tax structure used to be very complicated because earlier you had to pay service tax, VAT and excise duty.
But the Government of India has brought GST to eliminate this problem. Whose abbreviation is Goods and Services Tax, let’s know
What is GST?
The full form of GST is Goods and Services Tax. That is, the Goods and Services Tax, earlier the Government of India used to tax goods and services separately. But after the introduction of GST, now you have to pay the tax of goods and services together. Since the earlier methodology used to be very complicated as the consumer had to pay tax separately for goods and separately for services.
This put a heavy burden on the consumer. To solve all these problems, the Government of India introduced the concept of GST. If the definition of GST is given in one word, then GST is a comprehensive tax on goods and services. It is a reform of indirect taxes. Under which the concept of one nation one tax and one market is realized. Various indirect taxes levied on goods and services have been subsumed into a single tax under GST.
In short, the main goal of GST is to eliminate economic barriers and establish a national common market by bringing uniformity in tax rates and procedures.
GST Number Kaise Le?
To get GST number, you must have legal documents like PAN card, Aadhar card as well as year electricity bill as well as hard copy of your house tax as well as the rented house in which you are living. Took office
His NOC paper as well as email and phone number is required. So today through this article we will know how to get GST number? What is its process? What is the difficulty in that process? What is its solution?
How to get GST Number?
- First of all you have to turn on your internet data.
- Then you have to open Chrome browser on your device, after that you have to type gst.gov.in in it.
- When the website of gst.gov.in opens, then you have to click on the page on the GST Portal.
- When you open the page of GST Portal, then you have to fill up the form, you have to fill up Part A of the application first to fill up the form. In which you will be asked for your PAN number, mobile number and your email ID.
- When you fill your mobile number and email id. Then a message will come on your email, OTP will be there in that message. You have to copy that OTP and then come to the GST portal and paste it in the option with that OTP.
- Your Part A application will then be verified by e-mail.
- Then you have to upload the necessary documents, in the necessary documents like PAN card, electricity bill, water bill, house tax bill, etc., you will have to upload the document.
- When you upload the requested document then you will get a number you can access Part B using that number and then you fill Part B.
- Then you will get the registration number of your application.
- After this the GST officer will verify the documents submitted by you. To see if the documents mentioned in the PAN card, Aadhar card and electricity bill are correct? If it is ok you will be notified via email.
- If everything is fine in the document, then the GST officer will either reject or accept the application made by you within 3 days.
- If any other document is needed then a message will be sent to your email. You can send the requested document on that email.
- After this process the GST officer will allot your GST number.
It is worth noting that you do not have to submit any fake documents to get the GST number. Otherwise the GST officer can also take action against you.
Why GST was needed?
(1) Cascading effect was created because of tax on tax. This not only increased the cost of production but also caused inflation.
(2) Different tax regimes existed in different states, as a result of which Integrated National Market could not be established.
(3) Different types of taxes and different types of tax rates created complexity in the economy.
(4) Complex tax structure encourages tax evasion i.e. tax compliance cost is high and tax base becomes narrow.
(5) Central VAT and State VAT were not used for each other’s liability, which required more capital for production.
(6) Due to the complex tax system in India, the Indian tax system could not harmonize at the international level, as a result of which foreign investors were discouraged.
What are the features of GST?
(1) GST means a tax on the supply of goods or services or both
(2) It is a dual tax system in which both the central and state governments simultaneously levy taxes on the same tax base. The tax to be collected by the Central Government will be called CGST and the tax to be collected by the State Governments will be called SGST.
(3) IGST shall be denominated and collected by the Central Government on the import and interstate supply of goods, i.e. the import shall be treated as an inter-state supply and IGST shall be applicable in addition to customs duty on imports.
(4) Alcohol for human consumption is kept out of GST.
(5) GST on petroleum products shall come into force from such date as may be recommended by the GST Council.
(6) The rates of GST shall be determined by the GST Council.
(7) Compensation of potential loss due to GST to different states will be done by the Central Government by paying 100% compensation for the next 5 years. The revenue for 2015-16 will be made the basis for giving compensation.
Benefits of GST
Consumers will get the following benefits from GST.
- decrease in inflation
- Increase in purchasing power
- logical increase in market demand
What profit will the trader get?
- Producers encouraged by increase in consumer demand
- Easy tax compliance with simple and transparent tax system
- promotion of international trade
- Reduction in cost of production through input tax credit
- Reduction in taxation due to single tax regime.
What will be the benefit to the economy?
- Uniformity in the tax laws of the Central Government and the State Government with the establishment of a unified national market.
- harmonized with the international tax system
- promotion of foreign direct investment
- information about the real state of the economy
- Gross Domestic Product i.e. GDP growth potential
- Helping to compete in the international market
What are the benefits to the tax system?
- Improving tax compliance.
- Expansion of tax base.
- Reduction in tax evasion.
- increase in revenue collection
- Due to technology based reduction in human intervention and establishment of Transparency and Responsibility Tax system.
What is GST Council?
It is a constitutional body. It is headed by the Union Finance Minister. And the finance ministers of all the states and union territories participate as members. In the council, the vote of the central government is one-third and that of the states is two-third in India and the council takes its decision by a three-fourth majority.
What are the functions of GST Council?
- To recommend the subsuming of various taxes levied by the Central Government, State Government and local governments under GST alone.
- To recommend the goods and services which can be exempted from GST.
- To recommend the date from which GST can be levied on petroleum products.
- Determining the threshold line below which exemption from GST can be given if the turnover is less.
- Establishment of special provisions in respect of North Eastern Hill States.
- To recommend a special group of tax for collecting additional resources during any natural calamity.
- To recommend the model GST law, principles for imposition of GST, division of IGST and defining the place of supply.
What is GST Network?
Technology will be used for implementation of GST. Therefore, the GST Network was established as the infrastructure for this. This organization will arrange the necessary information and technology for GST.
And with the help of this, taxpayers will be able to pay their liability in digital format. It is a non-government and non-profit organization, in which at present the share of central government, state government and private sector is 24 percent and 25 percent and six percent respectively. The aim of GST is not only to simplify the compliance process but also to facilitate the tax regime.
GST Portal has been developed by GSTN Institution through which taxpayers will be able to pay their tax liability in a time bound manner and at the same time GSTN provides the facility of registration to the taxpayer. It is a central portal to calculate IGST.
What is the constitutional provision related to GST?
(1) In sub-section 12 of article 366, the definition of goods is given in
(2) The definition of services is given in sub-section 26A of article 366.
(3) Article 246 Clause a has been written that Parliament and every State Legislature are empowered to make rules related to GST, although only Parliament will have the power to make rules on the inter-state supply of goods and services.
(4) It is written in Article 269 (A) that the Central Government shall have the right to levy and collect IGST etc. on the inter-state supply of goods and services and it shall be divided between the Center and the States on the basis of the recommendation of the GST Council.
(5) According to Article 270, the amount collected by the Center under GST shall be divided between the States. Which will be divided on the recommendation of the Finance Commission.
(6) Article 279(A) states that the GST Council shall be constituted by the President within 60 days of the commencement of the GST Act.
How are you expected to get the GST number? GST Number Kaise Le? How to get GST Number? You will definitely like the article. If you like this article, then share this article with your friends in WhatsApp group on Facebook page.
It is a humble request to all of you, please share this article as much as possible. And also highlight the flaws in the article along with it.
Hope you get GST Number Kaise Le? How to get GST Number? Must have liked this post of 2022.
Friends! We hope that today’s article proved to be important for you. You can tell us your thoughts related to this article with the help of comments.